Re: [sarex] UISS New Version

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, UISS Software wrote:

> Just wanted to let you know that the special communication software I made
> for ISS, PCSat and other compatible satellites has been released....

Great,

I just took a pass of UO-22 and what we really need is for someone to add
IGating to WISP or other PACSAT software so that any UI packets that show
up in the downlink are IGated into the APRS internet system for worldwide
live distribution.

I watch UO-22 passes and the PACSAT PROTOCOL user list is almost always
empty.  The stations that do log on at the beginning of a pass are usually
fully automatic stations that are only downloading the directory and have
no other traffic.  It seems a waste to have these fully automatic tracking
and tuning stations not doing much else.  When they could just as easy be
feeding any UI digipeated packets into the internet..  Then we could add
UO-22 to the list of UI digipeating satellites available for live digital
QSO's and Email from mobiles and HT's...

I see several people sending APRS Emails up via PCsat, but they could just
as easily do this via UO-22 if someone was monitoring the downlink and
feeding the packets into the internet...  THe satellite doesnt matter.  It
is just digipeating...  PCsat, ISS, UO-22 and soon Sapphire.

See ASTARS web page below...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob