Sapphire Digipeater

In anticipation of enabling the Sapphire Satellite for UI DIgipeating
service, we need a controlled set of experimenters to help us determine
the minimum ERP required to hit the satellite.

I just tried today with a 5W HT and 19" whip without success while
listening  with my OSCAR array.  THe downlink is weak and always needs a
beam.  But  it is the uplink we would like to quantify before we open it
to general  use.

We will run this test next week, so let me konw if you can participate and
have 1200 baud 2 meter AFSK packet uplink with variable and/or
quantifiable uplink ERP and can listen conclusively with your own downlink
on 437 MHz to make these measurements.

Thanks

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob