SatPC32 version 9.0 release

Last night I tested the new 9.0 release of SatPC32.  Here is a summary of the improvements made since version 8.0:

1.	The DDE driver (for rotor control) is now compatible with Windows XP.

2.	The "Preview" function has been significantly improved.  You can now hold down the "fast forward" or "fast reverse" key and see a smooth time animation.  The user can easily specify the speed of animation (time increment) and starting time/date when entering "Preview" mode.

3.	Time displays (current time, next AOS, next LOS) can now be set to UTC or local time.

4.	The main text display (AZ, EL, MA, Range, Squint, etc.) is now easier to read when the selected satellite is above the horizon.  The text is now black on a white background instead of white on a gray background.

5.	A bug in the FT-847 CAT operation has been fixed.

DK1TB informed me of a convenient way to adjust the "Correction" tuning.  The number pad + and - keys adjust TX offset by +/- 100 Hz.  The keyboard + and - keys adjust TX offset by +/- 20 Hz.  This may also be present in version 8.0, but I couldn't find any mention of it in the 8.0 manual.

With the improved "Preview" function, I no longer think of a good excuse to use InstantTrack.

Go here to see a description, screen shots, and to download the demo version:
http://home.t-online.de/home/erich.eichmann/indexeng.htm <http://home.t-online.de/home/erich.eichmann/indexeng.htm>

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA