question

is it legal, for a tech to transmit on an uplink on 2 meters, when the
downlink is on 10 meters.  this is probably as old as the hills as far as
questions go but I say it is legal, and some say it isnt.  being I amnot the
control operator, and whoever operates the bird is, and probably holds an
extra ticket, it is ok, correct?? please someone let e know, so I can stop
talking about this with my friend.
thanks
Lou
KB1HJB