Re: MAROC-TUBSAT -- a review

Im sorry but I think sitting around and waiting is wrong. Searching around I
cant find a thing that this is an amateur radio satellite. If it was built
with its end users being hams.. why isnt this stated on any of the
"TUBSAT"'s web sites? True it maybe sending CW in a CW subband but it's FM..
and in the end it this turns out to be a hamsat.. having the 2m FM downlink
at 144.1 is going to piss someone off. Just the description of TUBSAT doesnt
sound like it's going to be "handed over."

We have two unknown signals transmitting in two ham bands.. one in a band
that will cause harmful interference to the users of that portion of the
band.. We have not idea of who is doing this. We dont know the enduse of
this sat. Sitting around on our hands to play wait and see might say we dont
mind it being there.. and this would send the wrong message. If in the end
it is going to be handed over to amateur use then this will be something
we'll find out as we start asking questions.. but if we dont.. all we'll do
is wonder what the hell its doing there. Even if it is handed over in the
end.. we better hope it can TX somewhere else besides 144.1MHz because it
wont be right for the sat guys to be bugging the weak signal guys down
there.. I wouldnt use it if it interfers with other users who are in our
bandplans.. tha would be wrong.

Have Amsat-?? whoever to ask around and find out why this is here.. other
then that.. keep monitoring it and logging it.

Tim VE5TNC.