RE: No RFI from LCD monitor

Wayne,
I love my LCD monitor for all the reasons you
mention, but I did find one thing
that will generate harmonics with an LCD display:
the cheap external power supplies some
manufacturers use to power the LCD screens.
Tim w6iss

>Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:28:58 -0600
>From: Estes Wayne-W10191 <W10191@motorola.com>
>Subject: [amsat-bb] No RFI from LCD computer monitor

>Last night I searched for harmonics coming from the LCD monitor.  I tuned
around and couldn't find ANY harmonics coming from >the LCD monitor.  That's
not surprising because the LCD monitor doesn't have high-voltage sweep
circuits.  In hindsight,
>it's obvious that a LCD monitor will generate far less RFI than a CRT
monitor.  But I hadn't thought of that before I bought >the LCD monitor.