What's Wrong?

And now for the rest of the story:

After the rain quit, I climbed up on the roof to take a look.  The patch
antenna had moved upward so that probably only 1/3 to 1/2 of the dish was
being illuminated.

When the antenna was positioned 180 degrees away from the sat, the patch
antenna was directly facing the sat with about half of its surface being
directly illuminated by the sat, albeit with the wrong polarity.

The patch was purchased for my 10 ft C Band dish, but I wanted to compare it
to other antennas on the 1.2 M dish.  The patch will be installed on the 10
ft dish with a direct connection to the Parabolics downconverter.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I was glad to hear that the patch could receive signals direct.

AC9R