Re: PCsat & ISS e-mailing

Someone wrote:
> ...I am a new radioamateur from Québec City and have read your QRZ.COM
> article of January 16, 2002 with great interest... I am a newbee... I
> would really like to try sending an e-mail with my TH-D7 through the
> ISS or PCsat.

>Q: On what frequency do I transmit?
 A: 145.99 for ISS, 145.825 for PCsat

>Q: How can I know if my e-mail will be received by the ISS?
 A: If you see "MY MESSAGE" flash on the front panel of the radio, then
    you heard your packet digipeated, therefore some IGate somewhere also
    probably heard it and so it will probably be delivered.

>Q: Do I leave the packet path as RELAY,WIDE?
 A: THat will still work on PCsat, but for ISS  you use NOCALL. To
    minimize hassle for users, PCsat also supports NOCALL too..

>Q: It would be very appreciated if you could write a detailed article on
    ... sending an e-mail with a TH-D7....
 A: Simply enter "EMAIL" for who you are sending TO: and then enter their
    email address as the first word of the message.  That is all there is
    to it.

> Satellite and APRS communications are so exciting. I know there are
> other bands and modes, but for now I am starting to enjoy the VHF
> band. Thank you very much for your help.

Yes, Satellites are a great way for newcomers to VHF to get some
range...<grin>

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob