From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of John K9IJ
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 5:11 PM
To: Estes Wayne-W10191
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] No RFI from LCD computer monitor

At 13:46 1/23/02 -0600, Wayne Estes wrote:
>Franklin Antonio wrote, about high resolution monitors producing small
text:

>You can set the default text size.  You don't need to accept smaller
>letters when you use high screen resolution.  Therefore, this isn't a
problem.

>Wayne replies:
>
>Yes, Windows can change the default size of text generated by Windows
>(Start menu, pull-down menus, Control Panels, etc.).  But that does not
>change the default size of text that is generated in the main part of an
>application window.  Not all applications allow one to change the default
>size of the text generated by the application.

John Replies

You can change the default text size of application windows by right
clicking on the
desktop and selecting 'properties' and then the 'Apperance' Tab. You can
also change
the size of desktop icons and other things.

>Fortunately, applications with fixed text size usually have relatively
>large text.
>Unfortunately, some web sites have very small text that is hard for some
>people
>to read at high screen resolutions.

Don't know about Netscape, but in Internet Explorer, you can change the
text size
in the browser by selecting 'View', then 'Text Size' from the menu bar.
Only five different
sizes, but you should be able to find one that works well in most screen
resolutions.

HTH
John - K9IJ

-