Re: [sarex] What Sat TX on 144.100 ?

Margaret Leber wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 January 2002 07:49, Tony, VK5ZAI wrote:
>
> > Others in Aust. along with myself  are hearing a
> > strong signal from a satellite on 144.100 MHz.
>
> Yes, the folks on AMSAT-BB have been talking about it all night. Right
> now Frank Sperber has just about sussed out that it's a Pakistani bird
> launched last month:

Thanks for the replies,
Regarding the Sat. signal on 144.100 MHz. on listening this morning Aust.
time I would have to say that it was right on for MAROC-TUBSAT, object #.
27004.  BADR-B was approx.2 mins. ahead and was well up before I heard a
signal. Strength again was 9+40db. Just a pity they didn't put it in the
Satellite band.

--
      Regards Tony.

 Aust. ARISS Co-ordinator