Re: Mistery satellite: mistery solved... well... almost.

On 23 Jan 2002, at 12:14, Ramon Santoyo V. wrote:

> Al Yamamah (with "h" at the end) is a region near Riyadh in Saudi Arabia.
>
> Zarakaa Al Yamama is a personal name: "Zarakaa from Yamama"...  probably a
> ruler name... there is a street in Tripoli, Lybia, called Zarakaa Al Yamama II.
>
> That decipher the enigma of the CW: VVV (as several beacons use it) CN
> (Morocco) /ZARKAA  AL YAMAMA... a Moroccan satellite named after a ruler.
>
> Now the real difficult question: why on 144.1 MHz?????  Not even a
> satellite band!
>
> 73 de Ramón, XE1KK
> www.xe1kk.net

To precises Ramon text

First: I'ts in arabic and "Zarkaa al Yamama" mean THE BLUE DOVE refering to a
women in the muslim islamic religion who was a non beleiver and due to an event in
her life convert to the islamic religion.

A lot of Arabic names streets, citys, building... as Ramon says are named to honor
her name. There is also a famous battle in year 633 the YAMAMA battle who is
probably connected to this. But my Arabic studies ends here.

Feel free to coment an precises but the MYSTEROUS satellite has a definite arab
origin as per this name.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/
C.P.341