Re: No RFI from LCD computer monitor

Wayne wrote:
" The main disadvantage is that an LCD monitor usually only performs well in
its "native" resolution.  That is, your video resolution setting must match
the number of pixels in the monitor.  For 15-inch LCD monitors that is
usually 768x1024 pixels.  For 17-inch and larger LCD monitors that is
usually 1024x1280 pixels.  The result is smaller (but sharper) text than
what many people are accustomed to.  Don't buy an LCD monitor if you need to
use low screen resolution because of vision problems."

Hi Wayne:

I have two Samsung SyncMaster 770 TFT 17" LCD monitors.  My LCDs display all
resolutions from 640x480 up to 1280x1024 with NO problems at all.  The video
is crystal clear with no distortion at all resolutions.

 I have worked on and used many other PCs and notebook computers with LCD
screens and have NEVER seen the problem that you describe above.

You are correct about the total lack of RFI with LCD monitors.  I used to
have to shut my monitor down when working weak signal VHF/UHF.  I now have
NO RFI from my PCs or monitors.

73,

Woody
KJ4SO