Forwarded from HearSat group RE: Mystery sat on 144.1

-----Original Message-----
From: hearsat-admin@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:hearsat-admin@mailman.qth.net]On Behalf Of Jeff brower
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 9:34 AM
To: hearsat@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Hearsat] Update on 144.1 MHz

Hi again,

I can now confirm the satellite on 144.1 MHz is Badr-II or an object
associated with the launch.  I had a excellent pass at 14:20 - 14:30
Z on Jan 23, as predicted by the keps in my last post. The signal was
30/S9 on my Kenwood TS-790A and 5 element cross (RHP) yagi.  My
antenna is fixed due south and without any elevation control.  It was
also full quieting on my hand held with a rubber ducky antenna while
the satellite was over Chicago area. I am in Colorado about 900 miles
to the west.

This should be a easy one to bag for the beginner sat listener with a
scanner. Good luck!

73,

Jeff
NK0L@amsat.org