Satellite on 144.1 ?

All,
I have just taken a telephone call from my brother in-law
VK5DK who is an enthusiastic DX operator on the VHF/VHF/SHF
bands (old terminology). He resides in Mount Gambier 500 km
south of Adelaide.
In recent days an FM CW signal has appeared on 144.1 MHz at
110 to 120 minute intervals. In VK 144.1 is the National
DX Calling Frequency, so the whole of the South East of
Australia has been "annoyed" by this signal.
I personally have not heard the signal, but everyone who
has heard it believes it is from a Satellite as it exhibits
doppler shift.
Is anyone aware of an Amateur Satellite with a beacon on
144.1 MHz?.
Recent launch ??
Best regards,
Colin VK5HI