Re: compact 10-12A switching power supply

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Estes Wayne-W10191 wrote:

> I already have an Astron SS-30M for my home station.  Some people may
> regard that to be compact, but I'm looking for something considerably
> smaller.  I still need to leave room for my hiking boots.

I missed the original thread, but for portable light weight power
supplies, I now buy every old Laptop PS I can find for $2 or less.
THe last 4 years, these are SMALL and are all switching PS with
typically 2.5 Amps continuous rating.  Use as is or...
.
Combine that with a small pack of NICADS for your big rig to handle the
peak 10 Amp current, and unless you are running RTTY or talk more than
you listen, then you have a very compact portable power supply..

Test before you leave to make sure it is a quiet one...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob