Re: ao40

Tracy K7KCS wrote:

I also experienced images that I thought were my downlink.  I didn't get any
QSOs either.  Then one day I really heard my signal, it was weaker and . . .
. . HAD A TIME DELAY. !!!

Wayne W9AE replies:

Yes, a dead giveaway for a false image signal is that there is no time delay.  Absence of time delay is very easy to recognize on AO40.  It's much more difficult to detect on the LEO satellites.

Also, the false signal won't have any variation in Doppler shift.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA