Re: Dual-band HTs for satellite use

In a message dated 1/22/02 1:09:40 AM Eastern Standard Time, kd6pag@qsl.net
writes:

> Am i going to be better
>  of with the TH-D7A(G), which has APRS functions and isn't wide open (e.g.
>  likely to be less prone to out-of-band noise)

When the birds haven't been too crowded, I've enjoyed many successful
contacts with the TH-G71A.  It's not full duplex but that hasn't stopped me
from waiting my turn on the bird and working someone.  I've found the rig has
a very good receiver
and with good technique, patients one can get into any of the popular FM LEOs
with
or without an extended length dual band whip attached to it's SMA connector.
Good luck and have fun.

Steve
K5PK