Re: UIview 2.24, no PCsat GPS display

In message <Pine.GSO.4.33.0201211139050.8897-100000@arctic>, Bob
Bruninga <bruninga@usna.edu> writes
>On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Norm McMillan wrote:
>
>> I'm using UIview 2.24, which unfortunately doesn't seem to recognise the
>> GPS data from PCsat. The packet shows in the terminal window, but is not
>> parsed. It is not recorded in the logfile either.
>
>There is a slight bug on the PCsat GPS that sends CR/LF after each $GPGGA
>and so  the LF of the previous packet appears at the front of the next.
>So UIvew might be confused by this Linefeed in front of every $GPGGA.

UI-View is usually very unfussy about CR/LFs.

V2.24 is not the current version. That version was released in May 2000,
and there have been a lot of changes since then.

It would be best if Norm update to the current version - 2.38. If the
problem still occurs, then it would be very useful if he sent me a
sample of the PCSAT packet from the UI-View Terminal window. (There's a
menu option to save the Terminal window data.)

Roger.

--
Roger Barker, G4IDE - roger@peaksys.co.uk
For UI-View go to - http://www.UI-View.com