Re: FO-20 Haven't heard ?

Pete,

>Over the past week I have been trying to listen for the beacon on FO-28
>on 435.795 but haven't heard a thing.
>
>Is the bird down or am I just deaf ??   I had thought as it's in the
>Low Orbit it would have been pretty easy to look for.

I've never heard a beacon from FO-20, but don't have any trouble hearing my
own 2metre LSB voice sig returned as 70 cm USB.

Well... during the day, at least. The batteries are not well, and unless
the solar panels are in good sun,  the UVC turns the Tx off.

If you're planning  to get on the sat from VK, I'd be real pleased. I
usually have a nice long chat with myself on the thing, as I'm the only
person there to talk to.

  FO-20
Uplink 145.90 to 146.00 MHz CW/LSB
Downlink 435.80 to 435.90 MHz CW/USB