Re: UIview 2.24, no PCsat GPS display

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Norm McMillan wrote:

> I'm using UIview 2.24, which unfortunately doesn't seem to recognise the
> GPS data from PCsat. The packet shows in the terminal window, but is not
> parsed. It is not recorded in the logfile either.

There is a slight bug on the PCsat GPS that sends CR/LF after each $GPGGA
and so  the LF of the previous packet appears at the front of the next.
So UIvew might be confused by this Linefeed in front of every $GPGGA.

The APRSdos config files always try to set up the TNC's to ignore
linefeeds.  If UIview does not do that automatically, then you can try to
turn them off in your TNC with whatever command your MFR uses:

LF OFF
LFA oFF
LFSUP OFF
AUTOLF OFF