Re: AO-40 sounded great on Sunday

I would like to second what Howard said. I was able to use my L uplink
with good signals, and so did a number of other people. I finished at
about 1300 UTC and it was getting difficult to get a decent uplink signal
because of the combination of squint angle and range, the transponder was
noticably empty by this time.

Last week I got up early in the morning to work one of these good passes,
and was very disappointed to only hear/work one station, in Germany. So to
be honest I wouldn't bother getting out of bed early to work AO-40 on a
weekday at the moment.

The good news is that the squint angles should start to come down now that
the ALAT is being reduced quite quickly. ALON will take a little longer.

Jonathan  HB9DRD/G4KLX