PCSAT Notes

Some stations are doing a great job of taking the PCsat-1 bulletins,
translating them into other languages and re-transmitting them on APRS in
their country.  I think this is a great service!

But due to the global nature of the APRS network, our Telemetry logging
program also sees them here as well.  Thus our telemetry logs are filling
up with multiple copies of packets which were not actually generated by
PCSAT-1 iteself.  If I could suggest that it would help us if you used the
generic callsign of PCSAT instead of the -1 SSID, so our telemetry logging
programs can tell the difference.  Thanks.

Its hard to get used to the fact that a local APRS packet anywhere,
generally goes global everywhere...

Thanks.  And thanks for your initiative in providing a useful service to
those in your country.  Someone on each continent might also  consider
putting up  an APRStk Satellite server that will transmit satellite
position pcakets via each digipeating satellite (ISS, PCsat, Sapphire,
Opal and UO-22).  So that mobiles can see on their radio front panel or
mobile APRS system where the satellite is.

Contact me for details or see the satinfo web page.

For the last year, we have had one APRStk station on the East and West
coasts of the USA providing this service to all satellite mobiles in the
USA...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

SAT-INFO PAGE:      http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/satinfo.html