Re: PCsat Email message

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, James H. Jipping asked:

> what was the exact format of the packet that
> PE5YES sent to his TNC which was then sent [via] PCSAT-1?

In APRS just send a message to "EMAIL" and make the first word of the
email be the receipients EMAIL address..

If you are not using APRS software, an APRS message consists of this
data format:     :xxxxxxxxx:message goes here {n

 ":xxxxxxxxx:" is a fixed length 9 char TOCALL field padded with
  spaces and bracketed with colons.  It ends with a line number
  preceeded by a "{".

But please do not put the line number on it for any satellite link,
because the line number forces an ACK from the other end which is very
wasteful of resources.  Set your UNPROTO to:

 UNPROTO APRS VIA NOCALL

and it will work via either the ISS or PCsat...  People feed both
downlinks into the worldwide APRS internet system where they will go
everywhere...

de WB4APR, Bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob