RE: InstantTune 1.09

Hello Joel

> I have discovered that if I tune too quickly with the main VFO on the 847
> using InstantTune 1.09, the main VFO will loose its mind.

That's interesting. I don't regularly use the FT-847 driver but I do use the
TS-2000 driver (which I wrote), and one of the things I never got 100% right
was a very similar fault to this when very  occasionally things go a bit
awry with bands switching and modes switching.

I spent an awful lot of time trying to get to the bottom of the problem with
RS-232 debugging monitors but never found where in hte code the problem was.
In the end I never got it totally right but it was very difficult to
reproduce consistently - I can use it for hours perfectly and then get a
blip.

Maybe I've been looking in the wrong place in the code from your description
of the FT-847 problem and perhaps we have a problem with the serial line
drivers.

73 Howard G6LVB