PCsat Status

PCsat Status:

GPS science testing on PCsat finished today.  We will turn it back on at
1000z for 2 more days (Sat/Sun) for your tracking enjoyment.  In the USA,
watch for PCSAT-11 on your 144.39 mobile.  And PCSAT-1 on 145.825.
In the USA, you will get 3 passes from about noon to  sundown...
(the other 3 are before SunUp).

For what it is worth, here is some data from a pre-dawn pass yesterday
(when no one was awake, probably unattended).  THe time increments are 1
minute through the pass (Half pass because my beam was pointed North).

STN-1  . . . * * * * . .
STN-2  * . . * * * . . *
STN-3  * * . * . * . . .
STN-4  . . . . . . * * .
STN-5  . . . * . . . . .
STN-6  . . . . . . * . .
STN-7  . . . * * . * . .
STN-4  * . . * * * * * . (second pass)
F9TL   2 packets from France
N3IYI  1 packet from a train

Those that were sending at a 1 minute rate (twice the routine rate) did
just fine and you can see that they would still have been successful at
the recommended 2 minute rate...  I know that N3IYI uses a 5 minute period
from his train cars to a 19" whip on the roof.  Not sure of the F9, but
since it was good DX, I included it...

Remember, if you are mobile, portable, or especially if you are
traveling or doing anything interesting we welcome you on PCsat!

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob