RE: P3T Software

>Just did some house cleaning here and noticed when I try to connect to the
>remote client I get an error window indicating
>
>  "Windows socket error (11001) on API ' ASync Lookup"
>
>what ever that means.  On the second and each alternate connect attempt shows
>(10049) in place of the previous (11001)

I believe that this is usually (?always) due to another software program
running in client mode and "hogging" the address/port that you want. If you
find that some address/port combinations work and others don't, then that's
the problem.  It may take a little effort to find the guilty program as
lots of things run in the background and have no-so-obvious TCP/IP
connections.  You can try CRTL-ALT-DEL and start shutting things down one
at a time until the TCP/IP routine in P3T will run appropriately.  Early
after AO-40's launch,  I believe that one or two others posted about this
problem and its solution on the amsat-bb.  You might try scanning the
archives from Nov, Dec. 2000, Jan 2001.