Re: Re: Another Uplink Antenna Inquiry

70 cm helixes work fine... but they are BIG.  I used to use a home brew 70cm
helix on AO-13 and it worked great, but it was a monster in size.  I like
the crossed yagi much better.  Hell, I like the linear yagi much better for
that matter-- but you can hear some QSB on your downlink, but it isn't that
bad.  That'll go away if there is ever three axis stabilization.

I should add that feedline loss is siginificant as others have said, but
having said that 25-30W at the feedpoint of my little linear "cheap yagi"
would occasionally set off LEILA at good squint.  50W would almost always do
it.

Fred W0FMS