Re: The Power of PCsat (& ISS)

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 T5z4@aol.com wrote:

> > Format for the data portion of the packet is:
> >
> >      :EMAIL      :email@address.here and message goes here
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> So, do I understand correctly that this message uplinked through ISS via
> today's NOCALL configuration would be distributed throughout the APRS network
> when I include the APRS grid type header and also be distributed/received by
> the intended recipient via the Internet?

Yes,no maybe...
Thanks,

 I did leave out the fact that the TOCALL of your AX.25 packet does
probably need to be one of the generic TOCALL's recognized by APRS such
as CQ, QST, BEACON, ALL, APRS or whatever although the EMAIL engine, may
not care.  Some people put their gridsquare in their TOCALL and this wont
work with most APRS clients.

ALso, the above format is the APRS message format, and so cannot be
combined with a grid square report unless you put it int the body of the
message for example...
Hope that helps...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob