Re: Another Uplink Antenna Inquiry

A linear should work just fine when the satellite is at good attitude, that
is what I used for uplink so far with 50W out.
(http://members.home.net/fspinner/W0FMS/rubeao40.html)

I've almost completed the "other" set of elements on the same boom, and when
AO-40 is more favorable I'll finish that project.

So any "hamfest" 432 MHz antenna will work if it has about >=10 elements,
but if you are really on a tight budget, consider building a WA5VJB "Cheap
Yagi" (search for Cheap Yagi in google.com).  Took me about an hour and $10.
  Worked without any additional tuning right from the drawings.

Otherwise, you can get CP yagis from places like M2 and AES for more money
than they should be.

Good Luck,

Fred W0FMS