Re: NEW TO SATELLITES - HELP

Hi Pete,

The attached article from the AMSAT Journal (1997?)
may be helpful. It provides an overview of the important
characteristics for a 2m LEO uplink antenna.
(If anyone else wants a copy, send me email.)

For reliable communications you can either use a
poor antenna but high power (100W or more,)
or modest power with a pretty good antenna.
I have had pretty good success with RS-12
running 100 Watts into a 1/4 wave vertical in my car
(mobile) and 2.5 watts into a good antenna at home.

73,
Tony AA2TX
---