RE: Satellite QRM in West-Pac

> QRM on the Amateur Satellite Bands from non-licensed users...
>
> Here is a report I just got from the phillipines.  I thought you might
> like to see the part about the total anacrchy on the use of the
> spectrum...  They are probably using HAM radios, because they are
> so cheap...

We get this on UO-14 as well.  Actually, most of the traffic seems to be
from those VHF cordless phones, because it has a sound like people talking
on the phone - that relaxed, continuing conversation, rather than a ham
monologue or the short, sharp overs of a commercial or emergency service.

Unfortunatelty, I don't understand Asian languages, so have to make a few
educated guesses.

Let's say it's a downright pain - makes UO-14 unusable when it's too far to
the north-west, unless you have an AO-10 class station to power over the
thousands of carriers. :-(

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for viruses

This correspondence is for the named personís use only. It may contain