Re: Digital Radios

Jon NA9D Wrote:
On a digital phone, you generally have very few bit
errors until you just about drop (at least on a good system).  If you have
lots of dropped calls, it's because of a poor network in your area.

In VK we went from analogue to digital and had no choice in the matter!!
Mainly in the country regions where you had 1 cell in a town, you got used
to the coverage and had a feel for the black spots as you travelled from one
town to the next.  GSM coverage in this regard was very poor and made many
country folks very unhappy.  CDMA came along but still doesn't perform as
well under these isolated conditions.  So I had to carry 2 phones 1 GSM and
1 CDMA!

Matt -VK2DAG-