New Ham Radio Antenna Installed on ISS

All,

I want to take this opportunity to congratulate the ARISS-International
team on the successful installation of the first of four ham radio antennas
on ISS.  Those that watched the NASA TV video were afforded an outstanding
view of the first ISS Ham antenna installation EVA which was performed by
Cosmonaut Yuri Onufrienko and Carl Walz.

It was pretty exciting to see the unfurled ISS Ham antenna system
permanently mounted on the outside edge of the service module.  The antenna
system looked breathtaking from the videos we witnessed while supporting
the EVA activity.

Lou McFadin, W5DID, Frank Bauer, KA3HDO, Mark Steiner, K3MS, Ken Nichols,
KD3VK and Mark Clausen supported the ISS Ham antenna installation at the
NASA Goddard/ISS Ham-Goddard Control Center.  Carolynn Conley, KD5JSO
provided the antenna installation support at the NASA Johnson Space Center
Mission Control Center.

Congratulations team on a job well done.  We have taken our ideas, concepts
and vision and transformed them into reality.

Frank Bauer, KA3HDO
ARISS Chairman
AMSAT-NA V.P. for Human Spaceflight Programs