USB to serial/parallel port adapters - correction.

Sorry to duplicate the post, but from the messages I received, I believe I generated some confusion - or rather Microslime Outlook
did - the URLs were truncated in my earlier post to about 70 characters - too short for the URLs to remain whole.

The discussion was on additional serial and parallel ports with new computers.... FWIW, here is the correction:

USB-to-Serial Cable

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=A225-1031

USB-to-Parallel Cable

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=C184-7488

Another solution is a USB-to-multi-port external adapter, which is cheaper (around $24), oddly enough, and would handle the rotor
control, TNC, etc.:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=X13-0046%20P

It plugs into one of your USB ports and provides 2-serial, 1-parallel, and four more USB ports.  Nifty.  (It arrived today.)  There
is also a smaller unit with just one serial and one parallel for around $17.

73 de Dan Fitch, KG4OVP
AMSAT#33712