RE: USB & Serial ports inquiry

Roy,

I am using an earlier 2S board with WIN98 SE.  Until recently I also had a
dedicated 1P card, but after I switched to USB printers and scanners, I
removed it as unnecessary.  Worked fine though.

I looked on their web site, and found a list of boards supported directly by
WIN XP.  Not this one.  However, on the support/drivers area I found at
http://www.siig.com/drivers/para-ser_pci_driver.html a listing for an XP
driver for "all serial and parallel cards."  A good sign.

As I recall finding the card was the hardest part.  At the time, Computer
City had the one I wanted in stock for about $49 or so.  Probably worth
doing a Google or other search for the exact one you want.  From time to
time I have found that Amazon has the best price on what I want, though I
did not check on this.

Good luck,

Alan
WA4SCA