USB to Serial or Parallel adapters

Per the earlier question this morning, I did a quick look-up on adapters for
USB to serial and parallel ports, ...  I'm sure there are lots of sites
selling these and similar items.  Usual disclaimers.  They are around $30...

USB-to-Serial Cable

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=A22
5-1031

USB-to-Parallel Cable

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=C18
4-7488

Another solution is a USB-to-multi-port external adapter, which is cheaper
(around $24), oddly enough, and would handle the rotor control, TNC, etc.:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=X13
-0046%20P

It plugs into one of your USB ports and provides 2-serial, 1-parallel, and
four more USB ports.  Nifty.    There is also a smaller unit with one serial
and one parallel for around $17.

73,
Dan, KG4OVP