RE: USB & Serial ports inquiry

Roy,

Great question.  Wish I had a matching answer.

This of course presupposes you have a free slot, but how about adding a PCI
board?  Siig and others make boards with combinations of serial and/or
parallel ports.  Since they are PCI they can share interrupts with other
boards.  I have used both with great success, and have used the parallel
port with both printers and scanners.  You might run into problems with DOS
programs, even within Windows, but that probably applies to the USB solution
as well.

Alan
WA4SCA

To get the attention of a large animal,