De: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]En nombre
de ea4ckm@aeromodelismo.net
Enviado el: lunes, 17 de diciembre de 2001 0:04
Para: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Asunto: [amsat-bb] Yaesu 5500 Problem I need help please

Any clue about where to look inside my rotator? :-(

I'm having a problem with my Azimuth rotator.

>From time to time it 'stops' rotating (normally at start). When this
happened I move to the opposite direction and it moves again (some times I
have to play both direction keys few times). In the last few weeks it stops
more often and I think the movement is more erratic.

Today it stopped again and doesn't start after commanding the other
direction. I asked my wife for help to play both directions while I putted
my ear close to the case and I can hear the motor but no movement. I opened
it to see if there is something visibly broken in the gear or whatever but
everything looks right.

Where must I look? What's the most usual cause for this kind of failure?

The rotator has very little use with an 60cm offset dish and a 19 elements
UHF beam (on my apartment balcony). The interior (and the exterior) looks
like new.

Please, any clue?

Thanks in advance.

73