Re: Re: Digital Voice Via Satellite

Phil Karn <karn@ka9q.net>

 wrote:

>Eight years ago, on a visit to San Diego, Tom Clark W3IWI and I wrote
>a UNIX shell script that worked all continents on the Internet in
>about 8 seconds by pinging a host in each continent.
>
>We included both Australia and Oceana *plus* Antarctica, which is not
>actually required for WAC. :-)

LOL!

There is a very good point here: just because something
was at one time a difficult feat worthy of recognition,
doesn't mean it will forever be so. Nor should we shun
technology just because it makes easy things that were
once hard.

With developments in technology we sometimes need new
challenges to replace old ones that aren't so challenging
anymore.

Grid: CN89lg                    pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.57 N 123 0.24 W        - Hospital/Shafte