AO-40 Update

As of the next orbit (Orbit 549), the passbands on AO-40 will be active
beginning at MA=5.  The downlinks should be VERY strong at these low
ranges.  PLEASE adjust your uplink power downward accordingly.  Thanks.

ALON/ALAT will be precisely determined with YACE camera images shortly, but
on Orbit 549 the ALON/ALAT should be close to 302/-10.

Please remember to stay WELL CLEAR of the middle beacon at all times,
especially during initial tuning.

We had predicted that the solar sensors would again begin functioning on
Orbit 549, and we have preliminary indications on Orbit 548 that they are
about to lock again.   Once we have precisely determined ALON/ALAT and the
sun sensors are functional, we will start magnetorquing to hold ALON
against the mystery effect, first slowly raising ALAT to 0 and then
progressively advancing ALON from about 300 back towards 360 (0).   As
noted earlier, it will take until mid April to get back to 0/0, as the sun
must first move out of the way.

N  QST AMSAT OSCAR-40  ***SCHEDULE S2 Downlink***    2002-01-08
           MA       005   056   060   100   240   005
           RUDAK     |     |     |     |     |     |
           Passband  | UL1 |     | UL1 |     |     |

--W4SM for the AO-40 Command Team