More on the ICW-Band idea

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, Mark Phillips wrote about the I-Band concept:

> I've not much to add to this other than maybe a name for the "frequency"
> used. How about NetaHertz? The abbreviation would then be NHz...

I like this kind of thinking!  I've started using "ICW" as the name too...
(or is this name already used for something else?)

Bill DIaz is already working on the ICW-HUB for the ICW-BAND. Two others
have offered to contribute, but neither feels comfortable doing the full
DSP sound-card part... so we still need a coding ace...  For what it's
worth, some others have commented that promoting CW is retrograde.

But remember, I am only interested in the very special case of kids up to
the age of about 12 who are unique in their unbiased sometimes fascination
with the "secret" code of CW... and just looking for a way to use the
internet for code practice between them...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

See the I-Band:   http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/i-band.html