Re: Recommended ERPs ?

Hallo Richard,

RWLL> Has anyone yet defined just how much power (ERP) it takes for satisfactory
RWLL> comms via AO 40 yet ?  Both on 70cm (until LEILA takes an interest) and on
RWLL> 23cm (to achieve a signal 10db below the strength of the beacon).

I think it's not defined, but when talking with people I learned that with
2 kW ERP on mode L you're on the safe side, while on U-uplink 500 W ERP is
more than sufficient. I think, that Domenico, I8CVS will know that much
better.

73,
 Reinhard
 DJ1KM