Wireless LAN Frequencies

This may be common knowledge but I have not seen it documented here so I
will list the info that I know.

802.11b all allows 12 center frequencies.
1 = 2412 Mhz
every 5 Mhz to:

and
12 = 2484 Mhz

Channels 1 thru 11 are allowed by FCC
Channels 3 thru 11 are allowed by ETSI
and Channel 12 is used in Japan.

Using Direct sequence spread spectrum each channel occupies 22 Mhz. So only
the first few channels should effect AO40.
I believe this information is correct but there may be some changes
recently.
So from this information it can be seen that if you have a wireless LAN or
your neighbors have one it would be best to use the highest channel number
possible.

I hope this helps some.

Gary Gonnella W6RYO
gary@w6ryo.com