Re: PCsat/ISS Operating event

I mentioned that my student classes would be monitoring the satelites
on Tuesday and Thrusday mornings (East Coast USA).  James asked what I
wanted from users:

> Messages sent to the birds? If so, how would we do that within the
> framework of "using" PCSAT, ISS and Sapphire?  By the way I have NOT
> heard anything from ISS since the crew change over, any comments ?

Me either.  I guess the minimum is for people to just come on the air and
beacon say once a minute with their APRS positin/status and or seeing
others on, send a message or two...  We have asked for Sapphire to
"speak  something" and Sapphire can also be used as a digipeater using the
callsign of KG6 (argh, I dont have it here)...

> Having been a high school physics teacher for 35 years and having used ham
> radio as an intergal part of my program I appreciate your working with the
> schools.  In my semi-retirement is there anything I could help you with in
> this venture ?

Just beacon on the birds during those passes.  The down side of this is
that if a few people come over and just start blasting away with packets
every 10 seconds or as fast as they can like most new users do on ISS,
then no one will get through.  But so far, it seems that in the USA, most
users do it the right way and everyone gets through...

Bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob