Re: TV aerial rotator question

Phil

--- snip ----

>I have discovered a TV aerial rotator in a mail-order catalogue. It is
>described as a model AR300XC and uses a three wire cable to connect to
>My question is, do these rotators have a feed-back pot? A three wire cable
>makes me think that this is unlikely.

Nope. All the 3 wire ones I've seen, have a second motor in the control
box, moving the pointer mechanism. This motor (well... the geared down
pointer) rotates at the same speed (more or less) as the antenna. It's the
second motor mechanism that cuts the power when the desired direction is
reached. You'll find that you have to drive them "stop-to-stop" regularly
to keep them controller and the rotator in step. There's always a large
"pointing" angle error with these things.

Sil - PA3HIL