MTrack beta released?

Hi folks,

Got myself a Christmas present of Linux (SuSE 7.3 Professional), and was
impressed
that the distribution included several ham radio applications, including
mtrack.
The version is 2.3; I understand that a newer version is in the works that
is
better for AO-40.  Anybody know if it's been released, and where to download
it
from?

Also, can the new version drive a rotor controller?  I have a home-brew one
that
uses the Yaesu serial interface.

Thanks,

Greg  KO6TH