Re: Old (without PC) tracking ?

> I am looking for some way to predict satellite passes without use of a
> computer system.... for my portable... with handheld antenna :-)

If you have either the Kenwood D7 HT or D700 mobile rigs, just tune them
to 144.39 in most areas of the country and they will receive and display a
schedule of all passes in the next 80 minutes as well as the distance and
azimuth from you to the satellite whenever one  is in view...

Thus, you are alerted to passes in progress or pending and need carry no
PC nor prediction program.

See SATINFO page:    http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/satinfo.html

This is only the tip of the iceburg of potential "tiny-web-pages" of
information that can be distributed to handheld and mobile users in real
time...

de WB4APR, Bob