Re: Old (without PC) tracking ?

On Tue, 25 Dec 2001, William Leijenaar wrote:

> I am looking for some way to predict satellite passes without use of an
> computer system....  I don't need very accurate tracking. It is only for
> my portable satellite station with handheld antenna :-)

I have wanted to take a simple PIC chip and add a 3 digit LED display that
will count down the time to the next pass of several satellites.  All it
needs to do is count down the PERIOD and subtract out every 24 hours and
then it should be close enough.  It has to be loaded with unique constants
for your location, but that can easly be done once a week or so from your
PC.

Then stick it on  your dashboard and away you go... It shows minutes till
next pass....  (but I haven't done it yet...)

de Wb4APR, Bob