Any comments on new ARRL DSP book?

This may be a bit off-topic, but I'm going to ask it anyway...

It may be too early for anyone to comment, but I see on
http://www.qrz.com/article.pl?sid=01/12/30/1429240&mode=thread and
http://www.arrl.org/catalog/?item=8195 that there's a book on DSP "Digital
Signal Processing Technology: Essentials of the Communications Revolution"
by Doug Smith, KF6DX who I believe has strong connections with Kachina.

I've stuggled with about half a dozen academic texts on DSP and although
each time I pick them up I can understand what they're on about (once I've
re-learned those acronyms!), there's a big gap for me between the theory
contained in these books and doing a _real_ implementation.

So if anyone has any comments on this book it'd be appreciated.

73 Howard G6LVB