RE: to many downlinks on 145.825Mhz

Robert G8ATE,
Wow!  Four consecutive Starshine 3 packets ties the record.  I think there is
only one other submission with 4 packets.  Consecutive packets are
particularly helpful because they let us determine the spin rate of
Starshine.  My name is Phil Jenkins (KC8SRG). I am the lead electrical
engineer for Starshine 3.  Michael Tochard, KA7ILU, runs the SS3 telemetry
web site.  He recently posted a description of the experiments monitored by
the SS3 beacon (http://epulation.com/starshine/starshine3/ss3rf.htm).  You
might find it interesting.

We are still in the process of calibrating some of SS3's data channels.
Unfortunately we have not collected enough data to complete the task.  We are
in particular need of consecutive packets.  In particular, we need to get
packets collected when SS3 moves from sun light to shadow.  If you ever get
the chance to collect packets under these conditions it would really make my
day.

I don't know if you have seen the SS3 telemetry submission page or not at:
http://www.epulation.com/starshine/starshine3/ss3telem.htm  It helps to have
the data collected on at central location.

Thanks again,
-Phil Jenkins, KC8SRG